Timberbits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Eddie123

Hello.

I have a question, about the normal reliability of a vendor that is recommended here, Timberbits.

I see that site mentioned alot here, and looks like it comes highly recommended.

On the 30th of November, I placed an order there, and payed promptly via Paypal. Since then, I have heard nothing from the site, and I have emailed via the sites message system twice in about 1 week, and heard nothing back.

Is this normal, or should I be worried ?

Thank you

Vegard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

I agree with what's been said - I've dealt with David MANY times and have never had a problem. Communication has always been timely. If you're not getting a response to your email, than I would suspect he may not be getting it.

islandturner

This is highly unusual -- I'll bet ten bucks David is not aware of this. I sent him an email a few months ago with a dumb question about something, and a few minutes later, my phone rang. He'd called me in Canada from Australia to have a chat and answer my question. Send him a pm and/or email him at Timberbits. He'll look after you pronto....

Steve

Hello.

I have a question, about the normal reliability of a vendor that is recommended here, Timberbits.

I see that site mentioned alot here, and looks like it comes highly recommended.

On the 30th of November, I placed an order there, and payed promptly via Paypal. Since then, I have heard nothing from the site, and I have emailed via the sites message system twice in about 1 week, and heard nothing back.

Thank you

Vegard

PenMan1

Their service to me has been excellent. I don't know about shipping/customs regulations between Denmark and Austrailia, but perhaps there could be an issue there.

Timberbits has always shipped same day to me.

Last edited:

Eddie123

Hello.

Thanks for the advice, I have sendt him an PM now.

Had a small hope I would receive it before christmas, lets hope it is one its way !

Vegard

randyrls

Timberbits is in Australia. That is almost exactly halfway around the world from you.

Check their shipping policy to make sure they can and will ship to Norway.

Check your ISP or email spam folder, to make sure the messages aren't being flagged as spam.

islandturner

Hello.

Thanks for the advice, I have sendt him an PM now.

Had a small hope I would receive it before christmas, lets hope it is one its way !

Vegard

It's just 6:10 AM there as we write these -- give him an hour or so.... :)

BTW, my last package mailed by him was here in 8 business days...

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

timberbits

Hello.

Thank you

Vegard
Hi Vegard

Thanks for purchasing the pen kits.

As stated by the guys on the IAP, I am normally very quick to respond to my emails.

I have answered every email of yours within a few hours. However your email server is rejecting all the emails and a few of the times you have given me wrong email address.

Here are some of the responses -

The original message was received at Wed, 7 Dec 2011 12:33:30 +1100
from

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<vxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
(reason: 550 5.7.1 Mail refused )

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to iris3.directnic.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.7.1 Mail refused (SPF)
550 5.1.1 <vxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>... User unknown
<<< 503 5.5.1 Need RCPT before DATA

<vxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx>:
74.117.222.13 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Mail refused (SPF)
Giving up on 74.117.222.13.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at ds5685.hostname.net.au.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<vxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>:
74.117.222.13 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Mail refused (SPF)
Giving up on 74.117.222.13.

If you were in the US, UK or Canada - I would of called but I didn't call because you are in Norway. Unfortunately I only know how to speak English. Been disappointed a few time by calling non-english speaking countries.

Your parcel was sent out to you on the 1st of December. Your parcel number is xxxxxxxxxx. You can track it on the www.singpost.com.sg website and also on the Norway Post website

Let me know if you have any further questions or need more information.

Thanks again for purchasing the pen kits.

Regards

Timberbits.

PS I have x'ed out your email addresses and tracking number.

interwood

David is the best supplier I have encountered on the Internet. My last order travelled across Australia (4,000 kilometres) and was in my hands less than 24 hours after I placed it. As previously stated - he is also dedicated to assisting his customers with the use of the products he sells.
Merry Christmas to All.

Snowbeast

Their service is awesome.:biggrin::biggrin: I placed an order on Tuesday afternoon and it was in my hands 69 hrs and 45 minutes later. I've had letters going across town take longer than that.:frown:

I will definitely be doing business with him again!

timberbits

Their service is awesome.:biggrin::biggrin: I placed an order on Tuesday afternoon and it was in my hands 69 hrs and 45 minutes later. I've had letters going across town take longer than that.:frown:

I will definitely be doing business with him again!

Hi

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks, but I can't take any credit for the delivery times, you should be thanking the courier company for doing such a great job.

All we can take credit for is getting the parcel out as quick as possible. If you happen to place the order more than 30 minutes before the courier arrives for that day, then you will know that the parcel will be packed and handed to that courier - they do the rest.

We now have the packing and shipping operation finely tuned, its a well lubricated and calibrated machine.

Regards

Timberbits

Top Bottom