Tiffany colored blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texas Turning

Does any one know where to purchase a blank that is a close to the teal/turquoise color that Tiffany & Co uses?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

Does any one know where to purchase a blank that is a close to the teal/turquoise color that Tiffany & Co uses?

An option could be a Cool Mint Water blank from Beartooth Woods and back painting the hole with a matching paint to the Tiffany color. Lightly sanding the hole will help get a smooth finish.

http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2954&1

When turned down to the pen dimensions the blank is almost clear with just a slight mint green tint. The back painting will give you the color you are looking for. Another option is to use a clear blank with the same technique.

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:

kruzzer

Tiffany Blue

Hi Amber,
now don't laugh but green PVC sewer pipe is real close. hope this helps

Attachments

• 01986063bb67ff6828ec34eabfb82b4c3988757d5c.jpg
    01986063bb67ff6828ec34eabfb82b4c3988757d5c.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 180

TonyL

Tiffany Blue

I found one 4 years ago when I first started, and made it for my niece. This was probably the 10th pen I ever turned. I have had several requests for the same. I had one of our suppliers try to make them for me and every one of them cracked when when insert the parts.
This was just plain AA, but don't remember where I bought it. I would buy some if I can find these.

Attachments

• Tiffany Trim Line.jpg
    Tiffany Trim Line.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 184

BigNick73

m3mokume.com has a tiffany blue and gold material. The only photos I could find were on their facebook, but it's an option when you go to select the color to order.

Top Bottom