Threaded cap RB/FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark4583

Any RB/FP thats simalar to the Americana from CSU that uses a threaded cap?
Im looking for somthing in that size range. I like the Americana but it seems that some of the older folks have a hard time snaping and unsnaping the caps on them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Berea makes one that's a screw cap, but it's metal to metal threads and they do tend to un-screw themselves. Carried in a shirt pocket it isn't a problem, but in a purse it can easily be a problem and in pants pockets it becomes a serious problem.

leevis

Woodcraft sells RB/FP's with screw caps in both Americana and European Styles. If I'm not mistaken CSUSA, Arizona Silhouette and several other vendors also have them.

Firefyter-emt

I just picked up the Streamline Screw cap round top from AZ and I REALLY like this kit.

I have had a couple nibs get damaged by the snap cap Americana design and after a while the snap insert can loosen and unthread if the cap is always "unscrewed" as my wife loves to do.

The one I suggested above has a few things I like about it. First, the centerband has a thin black line so it looks sleek, the post cap is very short and all one color so it almost looks like a standard post end. Plus, the nib is a 2-tone nib. Something that CSUA has made the decision to stop using. Almost everyone I ask likes the 2-tone nib over a solid one many times over.

Oh, and they are on sale at right now !! [:D]

BTW, these opinions are mine, but are based on daily hard use and the problems I have had.

Honest opinion, right now my favorite kit that has the least issues is the Churchill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom