Thread titles - More useful than some think

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JP1337

So, probably not the place to put this, but this subforum is where I see this come up the most. If the mods would prefer it elsewhere, they are free to move.

Can everyone please be a bit more mindful when choosing a title for their thread?

Titles such as: "Need some help please" and "need help guys" and "Tips?" are not helpful to anyone.

You don't need to be creative, just give us at least a hint about what the thread is about.

End rant.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I understand your frustration but I just move on if the title doesnt interest me enough to dive in. It's their loss not mine.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You can hover your mouse pointer over the titles and it will give you a brief partial idea of the threads content. However equally important in the title description is that its difficult to search for the thread if it has some valuable information in it that you want to find later on.

JimB

I often skip the threads with titles like that. I don't have time to read everything on here so the titles are important to me when determining what I read and respond to. I'm sure I miss some posts that would be of interest to me and I am also sure there are some I would respond to if I read them. Oh well.

Woodchipper

Good idea.
I recall an anecdote in Reader's Digest in the Campus Comedy section. A major college had a kiosk in the middle of the campus that posted notices of meetings, etc. One large sign had "SEX" in big orange letters. A closer examination stated- "Now that we have your attention, there will be a meeting for the Ecology Club Friday at 6 PM." Now that would get your attention!

Top Bottom