Thought this might be Friday the 13th...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

monkeynutz

Ever had one of those days? Everything went wrong... Had a beautiful x-cut Macassar Ebony blank explode on the lathe, dropped a TiN nib and watched it roll under a 1200-lb. safe, had a slim transmission go bad after I had installed it, and had the finish coat break off a beautiful burl pen top when I pressed the clip and plug on...

Think I'll go crawl under the bed and ride the rest of this one out... :(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scoutharps

Owww! Ouch!!! A few other words! Go for a nice long bike ride, come home, soak in a hot tub with lots of lavendar, and a good book, top off with chocolate, and sleep in in the morning. Try again, repeat as needed. Dr Valerie, at your service.

I had an order for 20 pens a while back, Murphy aparently had nothing to do for about a week straight except be in my shop. If it could have went wrond, it did. I think I found things that were imposable to screw up were going bad that week. You will recoupe though.

PaulDoug

Must be something in the air Friday. I ruined a tooth pick holder I had been working on. It flat blew apart beyond repair. No real biggy because it was for fun and practice, but still may not have happened on a different day,:)

M

monkeynutz

They say misery loves company, so thanks for sharing, guys. Today was much better, actually. Worked a slimline out of a piece of spalted madrone burl that was about the punkiest, chalkiest and flimsiest piece of wood I have ever seen. Thanks to much patience, a sharp skew, and about a quart of CA, it turned out (pun intended) very nicely.

Top Bottom