Thought I was losing it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBusardo

I learned something tonight. Cigar kits from different vendors not only have different bushing sizes (I knew that) but also different transmission sizes. I had a bunch of Cigar parts laying around and decided to turn a Curly Koa blank Chris sent me and put the parts to use. While putting the pen together i grabbed a transmission and I could not get it to retract all the way. Looked like I cut the tube about an eight of an inch too short or something. I was going nuts trying to figure it out. Finally I decided to look at another tranny in the bin. Well I'll be, this one is an eight of an inch longer! I switched them and all is well. Here is a pic of the finished pen. My photography cannot do the pen or Chris's wood justice, it is one heck of a blank. The finish is Enduro (only cause CA drives me nuts)

bitshird

I think it's a conspiracy most distributors have their pens copied with minor differences thinking that we will keep buying from them, in order that we won’t have to have lets say three sets of Cigar bushings, or Euro , what ever, sad part is there are probably only two major producers of the kits, one in Taiwan and one large one in China,

just a wild guess, [:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom