Those little plastic Bags

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck C

I am just getting involved in penturning and am having a ball, but I'm starting to collect those little plastic parts bags. Is there anybody here that does something unique with them other than throwing them away?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Nothing unique but do routinely use them to hold matched blanks that I've cut (whether tubed or untubed) until I can make the pen. Good for getting ready for demos!

G

Some use them for applying CA glue.
I tried that and it didn't worl for me.
At the risk of being non-PC you might be able to resell them to drug dealers.(ducking an running for cover)

C_Ludwigsen

I am on a daily regimen of medicines for an allergic condition. I also have to have certain as-needed meds with me throughout the day. Those little baggies have come in right handy for that.... as long as I remember to take that little baggie out of my pants pocket.

Efletche

Since I don't like to throw anything away, I have a nice collection too. One thing I am using them for is storing the blanks I've turned smaller than the bushings. Now that I am glueing the snale skins to these, I'll have to think of another use for the bags.

Doghouse

Heck I just go to the north end of town... They will buy them from you. [;)]

Just kidding, I have started sending them back. Either they will get re-used or tossed in the landfill out of my state.

G

Originally posted by Efletche
<br />Since I don't like to throw anything away, I have a nice collection too. One thing I am using them for is storing the blanks I've turned smaller than the bushings. Now that I am glueing the snale skins to these, I'll have to think of another use for the bags.
Now Tht's what I call thinking outside the box.
How long does it take to dry a snail skin?
Make sure you post a picture of it when it's done?[;)]

G

Originally posted by Efletche
<br />Okay, I meant SNAKE SKINS! (Snail skins are too expensive).
Shoot I was looking forward to seeing that one.[:D]
I amke a lot of typos but they don't come out as good as that one.see what I maen?

tipusnr

I've started collecting fine dust from my band saw to use as filler material. Using small jars because I never thought of using the bags. Good idea.

bajacrazy

Great idea Alice[:D]

I've been looking for something to do with all these bags. I do use them to store completed pens that I have more than one of same color and or pen style already displayed. When pen is sold I will take from plastic bag and put in either box or velvet sac etc.

Carole in VA

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />What the heck is sanding dust?
DOn't know how others use it, but I use it when I have a chip-out. Fill the area with sawdust from that type of wood and then saturate with CA. Works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom