thompenshop ALBUM "WOW"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

He certainly has an original approach to pen making and is masterful in what he does. For one pen (pens954) he made the following comment:
"My one concern is that the cap does not post. That is a problem in the pen collecting world, in my opinion."
I have to ask what the concern is and why non-posting is a problem, especially in the collecting world? It is a style some, myself included, prefer with larger pens. What is the problem?

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
There is no argument over whether the cap shall post or not. It is a matter of preference, and the only preference that matters is that of those who buy expensive fountain pens. They demand that "THE CAP SHALL POST", and only a very few of them will buy one that doesn't.

donald19

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

He certainly has an original approach to pen making and is masterful in what he does. For one pen (pens954) he made the following comment:
"My one concern is that the cap does not post.

Being a newbe what does "the cap does not post" mean[?]

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
If you stick the cap on the end of the pen when you write with it, it is "posted". If you lay the cap on the desk, or hold it on your hand while you write, the cap is not posted.

pipeyeti

Why do people act suprised that collectors generaly will not buy pens that do not post. Go into a real pen shop and look for pens with caps that don't post, you will find very few. I go to the only pen shop in chicago and he has no pens and will not stock pens without postable caps, Why? Beacuse his customers won't buy them. With kit pens such as a full sized gent or statesmen if you tried to post the cap it would feel terrible because of the weight of the cap. Our kit pens use brass tubes and other hardware that allows us to press the parts together, This make our pens heavy. Large manufactures and small completely hand made pens such as the ones that Chris makes do not use tubes and other pieces that add unnessisary weight to the caps. With the light weight caps it makes the pens well balanced and convinient to use.

fernhills

How how am i supposed to compete,now what do i do,i can`t make a beautiful pen like what is in that album,what am i supposed to do. i am going to jump off the nearest bridge,darn that one collapsed,just can`t deal with it :)
Carl

Rmartin

I don't think a brass tube adds that much weight.

About the posting though, I have a collector of all things exceptional, and he carries a pen that does not post. If he lets someone use his pen, he says no one walks off with his pen because he keeps the cap in his hand.

Top Bottom