Think I made a mistake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

heritagebob

I have been searching for some deep/dark orange and black acrylic blanks to fill a few requests,, cant find any, anywhere,, so I decided to go with orange blank and black kit accessories,, would work for what I need,, found a solid orange blank on PSI,, ordered 3 pks of 4 blanks,, now Im learning these blanks ARE NOT a deep orange as pictured on the site,, so I will most likely return them to PSI,, does anyone have a source for a DARK DEEP orange or orange and black blank? PM me id you do,, thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I've found that the best option is have them custom made. They are a number of people on this site who could do that for you. Just off the top of my head two names that come to mind are Brooks803 and Invisibleman, but there are many more. Post an ad in the "Wanted Section" and someone will be able to help you out.

D.Oliver

Here's a couple more choices

Oranges & Yellows

You can vary the color to extent with the color that you reverse paint them.

I can't seem to find a link for it, but I have also used an orange lucite. I thought I got it from Indy Pen Dance but I can't seem to find it there now.

Hendu3270

Pen no. 6 in the photo below is a blank I got from PSI this past year. It's orange and black and was in their Funline Group A set.

I grab a variety pack of colorful blanks and a 12 pack of trimline kits occasionally and "whip" them out. Although this may never happen again as I've started pouring my own :biggrin:

If you're able to make your own or obtain them from a sponsor here, I would go that route.

Attachments

• slims.jpg
    slims.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
There is a Corian that is HD orange and one that is black with HD orange and white flecks in it I'm working on an idea with some scraps. If I had anything bigger than 2" x 2" pieces I'd send them to you.
Maybe check with a local cabinet shop for some.
WB

yaroslaw

heritagebob, are they a bit transparent? If they are, what color do you paint tubes/backpaint? With transparent blanks color differs DRAMATICALLY with a color of tube.

heritagebob

have not received the blanks from PSI yet,, I have sent 3 e-mails to them about this order and have not yet received one single reply,, as of this post

Hendu3270

have not received the blanks from PSI yet,, I have sent 3 e-mails to them about this order and have not yet received one single reply,, as of this post

In my experience, when I've had an issue with an order from PSI in the past, emails were seldom answered. Calls, however, were always answered and problems resolved immediately. If it pertained to incorrect blanks being sent, they said keep those and we'll get the correct ones out that same day. Both times this happened (a year or so apart), they sent me double the blanks.

Top Bottom