Is there a postable Atrax rear in Gunmetal?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

I have an order for 4 preferably Atrax rollers but they want postable rear sections. I can't seem to find anything but Chrome and Gold.

Does anyone know of a compatible rear in matching gunmetal plating?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Best I can tell, they don't exist.

I ended up going with GM baron's which wasn't really my first choice but will have to do in this instance. I'll replace the finial on the cap and maybe mess with the center band a bit and call it a day.

Ed McDonnell

Carl - I was unable to find any late last year when I looked. I've stopped using the Atrax and switched to the Virage. The virage is available in gunmetal, it's postable. I really like the understated postable finial and the extra real estate (longer body blank) to show off the blank.

Ed

Carl Fisher

Hey Ed. I think I came to the same conclusion.

This customer has 2 navigators from me as well so I'm thinking a baron would be acceptable substitute. The Atrax was appealing to him because of the clean look to the center band and cap, but I think if I replace the finial or even do a closed end cap and omit the 2 rings on the center band that I can get where I want to make him happy.

Dan Masshardt

Carl - I was unable to find any late last year when I looked. I've stopped using the Atrax and switched to the Virage. The virage is available in gunmetal, it's postable. I really like the understated postable finial and the extra real estate (longer body blank) to show off the blank. Ed

The prob for my taste is that the virage seems feminine and the atrax masculine. Just personal opinion.

Ed McDonnell

Carl - I was unable to find any late last year when I looked. I've stopped using the Atrax and switched to the Virage. The virage is available in gunmetal, it's postable. I really like the understated postable finial and the extra real estate (longer body blank) to show off the blank. Ed

The prob for my taste is that the virage seems feminine and the atrax masculine. Just personal opinion.

Maybe I'm just a girlie man, but I like the virage! :biggrin:

It's funny, when I first saw a virage in a picture I thought the same thing when I looked at the curvy section. "Woman's pen". But once i got the chance to try writing with one I was sold.

The threads are among the smoothest I've found in kits. I don't know if that's a function of the quad lead threads (instead of triples on atrax and others) or if it's just better made. It just feels better.

And the cap doesn't seem to have anywhere the tendency of the atrax / jr pens to work itself loose in your pocket, which is something that annoys me to no end. Once again, maybe the quad lead threads have more holding power? And holding the section to write is much more pleasing on the virage than on an atrax....it's almost sensual.....I better stop now!

Anyway, when I let people try both side by side they almost always pick the virage. Both men and women.

If you haven't tried one, you may be surprised. If you have tried it and still think it's a girlie pen then that's fine.

Ed (who is man enough to feel confident using a virage as one of his walking around pens)

Carl Fisher

Thanks Warren however those are gold and chrome as I mentioned above. I need gunmetal specifically in this instance.

The Baron will satisfy for now, but hopefully some day the gunmetal postable end will be available for the Atrax.

Alex D

I'll keep my fingers crossed! The gunmetal Atrax is one of my favorite combinations for darker woods and burls. I love the clean lines of the Atraz and the gunmetal lets the darker woods shine (in my opinion). I'd love to have a postable option as a lot of folks seem to prefer the option to post.

Alex

Top Bottom