Is there a "How To" for making decals?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

I want to learn all about making decals for my pen projects. Has anyone done a video or just a write up about it. I want to know if decals can be applied on acrylic and if so do I seal it with CA or something????
Anyone have a link?

Dan26

Here's a thread that has some good info on decals. I used a decal to put my son's name on an acrylic and it came out great. Just follow some of the tips. I used some old blanks that I damaged, turned them down enough to practice on. Good luck!

Dan

aggromere

I have had some great results with decals. You can put them on anything, but you must cover the decal with something, so I put a CA finish over it even on acrylic. A simple way to start is go to a hobby store and buy some testors decal paper and spray fixative. Pick out your pictures and put them into word or powerpoint or something else play with the sizes and when you get them right, print it on the decal paper. Let it dry and they spray with the fixative and let dry. Cut it out carefully. I use an exacto knife on a piece of plywood. Then just apply to the pen blank like you did decals on models when you were a kid. Let it dry and finish with Ca.

Top Bottom