thepenshop.net

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

steeler fan1

Just received a message from Bellsy (Dave). They are changing servers and hope to be back up by the end of this weekend.

Carl

tjseagrove

Scooley01 said:
GoDaddy is notoriously sleazy for snatching up your recently expired domain and charging you an arm and a leg to get it back. Personal experience!

Yes, they could just let it expire and let someone else get it.

They have held some domains for me after they expired and not charged me "an arm and a leg" to renew them. I currently have 82 names registered and never had an issue with Godaddy. They do spell out the terms for expired domains and as an owner, it is my responsibility to pay attention my domains and renew on time. I get reminder emails 2 months in advance. This is my experience and everyone else's may vary considerably.

Tom

jd99

GoDaddy is notoriously sleazy for snatching up your recently expired domain and charging you an arm and a leg to get it back. Personal experience!
I would also like to add, that go daddy does in fact never do this, I have several domains with them and get plenty of notice via emails, and phone cals when any of my domains are about to expire, they even call me to help me consolidate some of my products to save money.

Would you care to elabrate on this and let us know where you are getting this information. FYI Domains don't cost that much anymore. Do you have any?

GrantH

Switching servers isn't an overnight deal (usually) from my experience I'd say give em another 3 or 4 days and then get worried. He is trying to find the right server for his site so things go as smoothly as possible, i'm sure.

jd99

If their site was writen for windows, and they are transfering to a windows server at GoDaddy that could be where their problems are.

A few years back I tried to use their (GoDaddy) windows server and had all kinds of issues; stuff not displaying right, colors off graphics had their own life, security issues.... etc. etc.

I now have a couple of Linux boxes one for test and development and one for my production sites. I don't have any problems with them, every time i build a site upload and everything looks the way it should. I also have a bunch of SAN storage with them and have been happy so far.

Thanks
Danny

Bellsy

The Pen Shop is going to be using Vbulletin and should be opened back up in a week or two. The old server host files and Go Daddy's server ended up with too many issues to be resolved.

Everyone will need to re-register when the site comes back online. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dave

steeler fan1

Thanks very much Dave. I was ablw to get registered but am unable to reply or start a new thread. Do I need to do something else?

Best of luck with the revised forum:biggrin:.

Carl

Bellsy

Thanks very much Dave. I was ablw to get registered but am unable to reply or start a new thread. Do I need to do something else?

Best of luck with the revised forum:biggrin:.

Carl

Carl,

You have one last step to complete. During the registration it sends you an email that needs to be responded to.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom