A test of my pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Davej_07

My wife and I own our own business here in Milwaukee. After I started pen turning I took some of my pens to use as everyday pens at our counter. A few slimlines, a couple Wall streets and one of my first cigar pens. Some are wood with CA and the others are corian or cast blanks. I have to say that I'm impressed how well they have held up after the past 18 months of being used, dropped, etc. with the exception of a little chipping onthe CA.
The down side is that several have walked off, althought they were none to fancy slimlines. The up side is I have sold some of my 'good' pens to customers who have taken interest in my pens.
Does anyone have suggestions for slimline kits that are decently plated? My one complaint is the plating on the ones I have is already wearing off.

Thanks
Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

Will be watching this.

I've used black ti from one of the vendors, and notice that it's starting to come off of the pen I made my father last year (or was it the year before?). Of course, my father carries it in his shirt pocket with another pen or two and sometimes a checkbook or something, and he doesn't mind clanking them together. I don't know how much a plating of any sort is supposed to take, so I wouldn't expect it to hold up, but I've not seen a Cross pen do that.

Top Bottom