Technical Pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chop61

Is there a kit or has someone tried a technical/drafting pen with a .5 or smaller nib? Looking at a Copic refillable tech pen, seems like something would be possible. Any suggestions?

monophoto

The commercial pen kits are mostly ball points, with a few roller balls and fountain pens thrown in. I've never seen a kit for the kind of pen you are interested in.

But there are kitless option. There are a number of threads here about redressing Pentel mechanical pencils (0.3, 0.5 or 0.7mm) They are not difficult to do - an exercise in precise machining.

There are also threads on turning wood or plastic shells for Sharpie refills. They are a little more tricky because you need a special tap to match the odd thread on the refills.

I've never seen Copic pens, but the advertisements suggest that they are metal bodies that hold replaceable ink cartridges. So it shouldn't be impossible to do something similar to the Sharpie approach.

Last edited:

darrin1200

I have not seen a kit anywhere. The closest is the Schmidt RollerWriter, which is not a te hnical pen.

About the only thing you could do, is take say a Copic or a Rotring, pull it apart and build a pen around the front section. I think it would look very cool.

Top Bottom