TBC Bushings "modification"?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PSNCO

Going through my TBC bushings I've got a half dozen sets of Baron Sedona TBC Bushings. I had a set of Jr Gent I TBC Bushings.

3 of the 4 Baron/Sedona Bushings are close enough to use on a Jr Gent with the exception of the baron has a .482 bushing and the Jr Gent I has a .462 bushing.

Can I take to a local machine shop that .482 bushing and ask them to machine it down to .462 easy enough?

Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Probably purchase a bushing set cheaper unless you know a machinist or just get lucky. But, yes, it is quite doable.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Going through my TBC bushings I've got a half dozen sets of Baron Sedona TBC Bushings. I had a set of Jr Gent I TBC Bushings.

3 of the 4 Baron/Sedona Bushings are close enough to use on a Jr Gent with the exception of the baron has a .482 bushing and the Jr Gent I has a .462 bushing.

Can I take to a local machine shop that .482 bushing and ask them to machine it down to .462 easy enough?

Mark

Wct3

On the other hand you have a lathe and sandpaper, you'll find it quite easy to take that small amount off the bushing yourself. That's why bushings don't always stay the same size!

Sprung

The sandpaper would work, as suggested.

Otherwise I contacted Brian Nikitas and had a custom TBC bushing made in that exact size recently as I needed one too. It was $10 plus shipping - certainly probably cheaper than getting a machine shop to turn down one you already have.

lhowell

Going from 0.482 down to 0.462 is only 0.020. I would chuck it up on my lathe and get some 80 or 100 grit sandpaper to take majority off then use finer grits to polish the surface back up.

Paul in OKC

You will be surprised how long it can take to sand .02 off of something. Beyond patience (for me :) ) I would order some, or send them to me and I would do them for you for the cost of mailing.

lorbay

Mark

You can also use a fine metal file to remove the bulk of it. But make sure you keep measuring.

Lin.

Top Bottom