TBC bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nikkiullis

I was thinking of giving tbc a try and I've read through the instructions in the library. It mentions a forum member who has bushings drilled out for the centers, anyone know who I should go talk to for those?

Thanks,
Nikki

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nsfr1206

I do most of my pens with normal bushings between centers. Works unless you get a wacko bushings. With that being said, I would really like the proper bushings from Johnny.

Spats139

I was thinking of giving tbc a try and I've read through the instructions in the library. It mentions a forum member who has bushings drilled out for the centers, anyone know who I should go talk to for those?

Thanks,
Nikki

+1 for using the normal bushings; however, I'm using them on centers purchased from John. I also have a few sets of his bushings for the kits I use most often, and they are really nice. One other thing you may want to do, if you're not already doing so, is to use calipers to match your turning to the actual size of your components; then you only use the bushings to get you close. Anyway, just jump into tbc, you'll probably enjoy it.

cwolfs69

i have just started going TBC myself and love it. i finally got a good dead center for my lathe and gave it a try. i do believe i will now mothball most of my mandrels and just run between centers. much more sturdy, more accurate, easier to set up, etc. do not have any real TBC bushings yet so i have to use my regular bushings. have had a couple that would not work, that is why i have to keep at least a few mandrels, but most have dialed in very well ( i put the indicator on each one i put on the lathe). i also think they help me with getting my diameters correct on each blank. working one blank at a time makes you concentrate a little more in my opinion. have turned and finished about 10 pens in the last 3-4 days, mostly cigars, and all have come out with very good fit with no having to re-turn or build up with ca finish to correct.
i believe that is the way most of my work will be done from now on. JohnnyCNC bushing will be ordered.

Hubert H

John's bushings are all and more than they claim to be. I have been using them for just a little now - maybe 25-30 pens. They are really nice to use. HWH

I'm a convert to BC turning thanks to Jonny's bushings! I tried a couple and now I'm hooked. Downside is I now need them all, why didn't someone warn me that this hobby costs real money:eek:!?!

I didn't think I was ready to step up to BC bushings seeing that most on the forum using them seemed to be much more experienced (and better) than me. I now see that the it's the bushings not their mad skillz:rolleyes:. And I second the suggestion of getting the Delrin finishing bushings, way better than my home made Corian units.

All the best,
Chris

Top Bottom