TBC bushing suppliers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Ok, I have one set up bushings specifically made for turning between centers (from penturners products.com) which I really like a lot.

I would like to get more but most are out of stock and the contact page says (several times) not to email asking when they'll be back it stock. Totally understandable.

Laserlinez has bushings that are also drilled for a mandrel shaft as well as 60 degree centers, which seems like a neat idea, but...again, not much in stock.

I've been using the stock bushings for some of the other kits and this works well enough, but...

Are their any other suppliers for these types of bushings?

Mainly I'm looking for Jr. Gent 2, magnetic vertex and sierra. I believe the bushings sold at woodcraft for the liberty kit are cut for centers, but doubt they are exactly the same as the sierras?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Ok, I have one set up bushings specifically made for turning between centers (from penturners products.com) which I really like a lot.

I would like to get more but most are out of stock and the contact page says (several times) not to email asking when they'll be back it stock. Totally understandable.

Laserlinez has bushings that are also drilled for a mandrel shaft as well as 60 degree centers, which seems like a neat idea, but...again, not much in stock.

I've been using the stock bushings for some of the other kits and this works well enough, but...

Are their any other suppliers for these types of bushings?

Mainly I'm looking for Jr. Gent 2, magnetic vertex and sierra. I believe the bushings sold at woodcraft for the liberty kit are cut for centers, but doubt they are exactly the same as the sierras?

John at pen turners products is a great guy to deal with but I think that his real job has been taking up a lot of his time lately, thus the out of stock situation.

You do know that you can also turn between centers with out bushing don't you? It's not as fast but just bring up the centers on the brass tube and tighten gently. Use calipers to get you to the desired diameter.

Carl Fisher

Alternately you could take your stock bushings and use a 60-degree center bit to make a cone on each end to sit on your centers. You'll have to be very careful to center it though or you'll be worse off than you started.

I've been using stock bushings to TBC for like 2 years now and typically have not had any fit issues.

Dan Masshardt

Thanks all. I ordered a couple sets from lazerlinez (great prices right now with sale code) and am lining some up from a generous member.

Very grateful. I hope I'm able to help others along the way as well.

airborne_r6

Why do you need bushings to TBC?
I TBC without using bushings, just use my Mic.

Les

I like bushings to quickly cut the blank close and help me visualize the final size of the pen so I can shape it the way I want. Once it is close I take it off the bushings and use calipers to make the final cuts to the measurement I have taken of the exact kit the blank will be fitted with.

Top Bottom