Task Force Wet Grinder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

Picked up today at Lowes a 4.5" wet grinder with a nice, wide 150 grit stone (looks to be an inch and a half wide). Turns at 170 RPM.

000999300204md.jpg

Is reversible. Has two toolrests (nothing precision!) for whichever direction the wheel is turning and however you want the tool positioned.

Anyhow, for $30 I couldn't pass it up.

Anyone else here give it a try? Looks like a good spark-free and cool way to sharpen chisels.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=229668-46069-US1150W&lpage=none

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

I have a Craftsman wet grinder in storage. The wheel proved much too soft for me to use for sharpening my lathe tools. Hope you have better luck.

alamocdc

Fish, I had the Craftsman that looked just like this one. The wheel cracked in half after about one month. Until then I liked it. Took it back and now use an 8" grinder.

bonefish

I had a Craftsman. Much too slow if you have to remove a lot of metal. Slow even if you only have to remove a small amout of metal.

Bonefish

Fangar

Red,

I had the delta version of that unit. I was very dissapointed with it. After about 1 month the stone split in half. They do not sell a replacement for the delta. I finally found one for the craftsman and it was over 20 bucks. I only paid 25 for the unit.

I tossed it.

It is quite spark free. Although my tools don't spark when they are sitting on the shop bench either. They get about as sharp through osmosis. I would spend another 20 bucks and get a grinder.

Fangar

ashaw

I have a delta that I have been using for 2 years. I have good luck with it. I made the mistake an left it out in my shop the first winter I got it. I stone still be wit it froze an small crack in it. Brought another open still have not open it yet. I was able to get a razor edge on my tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom