taper drill for pentel pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Anybody know where I can get one of these critters? Called csusa and they said they haven't stocked them in years.

I know, I could do it the homemade way from the library, but I know me, and if I actually want to get one in my hand before next winter, I'd be better off spending the $25 for the bit rather than waiting to have the time to make up the tooling myself. Not that I would not enjoy making the kit from scratch, but with 3 kids under 5 years and a full time job, I can either spend time making tools to make pens, or making pens, and for now I'd rather make the pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

You have a few of choices: (1) Do as the article suggests...it works. (2) Have one made at a machine shop. (3) Buy one from me. I've just had 24 made but I think they are all sold. I'll know definitely when I start sending them out later this week. I just don't remember exactly
how many are spoken for. I'm thinking of having more made but I need to see if any others are interested in purchasing one. I plan on testing the waters in a few days so we can have them in early January. Stay tuned.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by jskeen

Anybody know where I can get one of these critters? Called csusa and they said they haven't stocked them in years.

I know, I could do it the homemade way from the library, but I know me, and if I actually want to get one in my hand before next winter, I'd be better off spending the $25 for the bit rather than waiting to have the time to make up the tooling myself. Not that I would not enjoy making the kit from scratch, but with 3 kids under 5 years and a full time job, I can either spend time making tools to make pens, or making pens, and for now I'd rather make the pens.

jskeen

If one of your current batch doesn't already have a home, let me know and I'll put it to work. If not, put me down for the next batch.

James

its_virgil

Done! Watch for a post about them in the near future.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by jskeen

If one of your current batch doesn't already have a home, let me know and I'll put it to work. If not, put me down for the next batch.

James

Woodlvr

Don,
I would be interested in one also. How much are they? I must have missed it if you have posted them before. Thank you.

Mike

its_virgil

I'll start a list and make an official announcement soon. The ones I've had made were sold to several who have been emailng me and asking questions on the Yahoo group. I didn't intend to leave out my other friends here but the ones I had made went quickly. I will definitely have another group of them made. Thanks.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by MDWine

DON!!!

I'll volunteer to adopt at least one if you have an orphan.

Depending on price, maybe TWO!

I am DEFINITELY IN!! (please ;) )

its_virgil

Michael and others,
They will be $18.75. I've now posted official notice in the individual classifieds. I'll put you down for 1 and you can change it if you want.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by MDWine

DON!!!

I'll volunteer to adopt at least one if you have an orphan.

Depending on price, maybe TWO!

I am DEFINITELY IN!! (please ;) )

its_virgil

I've added name from here to the official bit order. Look in the Individual Classifieds for info on ordering the step bit for making the pentel pencil conversion.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by 2rcbruce

Don, I guess I might have to have one too. Thanks, Bruce

Sfolivier

So, as of today, is there any drill available anywhere? I know the thread in the classified is closed and I couldn't find the $25 drill in CSUSA (although I saw it mentioned a few times). Any pointer about where to order? Thanks!

Top Bottom