Tapa Pacifica Problems ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

I bought 10 Tapa Pacificas chrome/black ti. late spring early summer in a group buy. I made two and am just now making the rest. I noticed a crack in the trim ring above the clip. It made me take a closer look at the rest. Out of the 8 left 3 were cracked and in the same place. Has anyone else noticed this. I just noticed it just a few minutes ago and my batteries are dying in the camera but I got this shot off. It shows one crack real bad and the other same place not as bad and still another with a hair line crack but noticeable. So out of the 8 left 3 had cracks.

Any thoughts.

crack.jpg

crack_close.jpg

Thanks
Bruce

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

I would contact whoever did the group buy and see what they say. If they won't do anything then contact Jimmy at WOODPENPRO, I ASSUME that's where they came from as he's the only one selling those that I know of. He's one of the good guys and he'll do you right.:wink:

Russianwolf

Hey Bruce,
I'll send Jimmy an email and see what he says, I haven't had the problem on any of the kits I've done. With how straight the crack is, I'm betting it's a seam in the metal.

bruce119

Hey Bruce,
I'll send Jimmy an email and see what he says, I haven't had the problem on any of the kits I've done. With how straight the crack is, I'm betting it's a seam in the metal.

I emailed Jimmy and he responded quickly he is aware of the defect and it has been corrected. He is sending replacements out rite away. Now that is a good suppler.

Thanks Jimmy at WoodPenPro

Bruce

rcarman

I too had the problem with the Tapa pens. Jimmy replaced them without question and quickly. i agree excellant customer service. However, the condition was a known problem for a while. In my line of work, you don't continue to ship defects AFTER you discover the problem.

Top Bottom