Tango Ballpoint

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

Made my first three Tanzo kits and trying to decide if I like them. Have s problem with one if them where the ink refill extends just slightly past the nib when fully retracted. Seems the tube length doesn't allow any wiggle room when trimming.

Anyone have a solution on how to recover this one by adding maybe 1/64 inch to the body?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
When I've had that problem with Cigar pens, I cut off a thin segment of a brass tube that is about the same diameter as the screw part of the transmission and slip it over the threads so the top of the transmission will not screw down all the way.

Charlie_W

Depending on the Ink refill, you could pull off the plastic cap and file the refill shorter...then replace the cap. I would only do this for Pens you keep in the family...not sale or gift pens.

jttheclockman

2 things. First did you install the spring the right way with the small end up???

Next if so then maybe you can add a thin washer of brass or something between tranny and coupler. Home Depot and Lowes are good for having odd ball things in the hardware section in all those drawers. or you can turn one down. That is why we have a lathe.:):):) Good luck.

Top Bottom