Tamiya Paints

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I finally found these at Hobby Lobby after becoming introduced to them from earlier posts. I am looking for something "better" than Testors enamel, acrylic paints, magic markers, and spray paint for painting the inside of blanks. Here is how I am defining better (just my definition for this post):

1. Covers more easily (less coats, greater opacity, easier to control the application, etc.)
  2. Cures, not just dries more quickly (in a few hours - less than 4)
  3. CA won't "eat" it
  4. I won't grow a 6th finger if I make contact with it:)

I was about to buy it, but the warning label looked liked something you'd see on a 55 gallon drum of Agent Orange. Thanks for reading!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

If the warning label kept you from buying the paint, how do you know about your criteria 1 thru 3 are correct? Your post indicates you didn't buy it nor have you used the product.

TonyL

Hi Wayne:

Thanks for replying. I don't understand your question. As I wrote above (perhaps not too clearly), I learned about them after searching "Painting" on IAP months ago. One of the members stated that he/she used them and enjoyed success after many experienced the same frustrations that I have.

While at HL the other day, I stumbled upon them while looking for something else and remembered the post and that the name began with a "Y" and had a Eastern origin.

I would buy them (and wear a vapor mask when using), if I knew others had a positive experience.

I hope this makes sense.

Have a great one!

ashaw

Golden Paints are my go to paint for everything. CA will not touch it. It is water based so no worries about going and additional finger or hand. I use for reverse painting as well as color fill. Not cheap but a tubes will last a long time.

Top Bottom