Talk to me about...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

the Sierra CLICK are the tubes longer than the regular Sierra's ? Can you use sierra tubes for the click one as well?

Thank you always!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Toni:
"it depends". The Berea's are changing. At one point the tubes on some were the same or slightly longer. With the "new style click" on Elegent Beauty Sierra and some of the other new style Sierras, the click tubes are now about 1/4 inch or more SHORTER than the twist tubes.

If this sounds confusing.......It IS. Today, without having the exact hardware in hand, it is more difficult than ever to make sure you have the right lengthen tube. IT DRIVES ME (a short drive) CRAZY!!!!

Toni

Andy I think you confused me even more:confused::eek:

Alright the tubes for the clicker Sierra is longer than the regular Sierra tubes, can I still put a regular Sierra tube on the clicker kit?

HOWS THAT FOR MORE CONFUSION.....

nativewooder

Toni, what Andy was saying is that there are 2 different sierra click pens with different tubes now. Do you know which one you have? I just went ahead a few weeks ago and called Berea and talked to their tech dept.

PenMan1

Toni:
If it is the OLD Style Sierra, The twist pen tube length is 2.22 inches. The OLD Style Click tube is 2.42 inches long.

If you put the blank onto an OLD STYLE Sierra Twist tube (2.22), the click pen will be .20 TOO SHORT for a click pen. This means that when the click pen is "clicked off", the refill will likely NOT go all the way inside the nib. This means that when you put it in your shirt or blouse pocket, you'll draw on your clothing.

Believe me, I KNOW IT IS CONFUSING!!!

Last edited:

PenMan1

I guess you answered my question, not a happy camper at all, thanks Andy!

Sorry, Dear!

Try getting in an order and already having all of the extra tubes drilled and glued up. THEN, you find that half the order is the NEW STYLE CLICK and the other half of the order is the OLD STYLE. By the time I'd figured it out, I'd WASTED some blanks:at-wits-end::at-wits-end::at-wits-end:.

I don't know which of the Dwarfs I turned into, BUT I know which dwarf I WASN'T - HAPPY! And I didn't call that Customer Service Rep "Snow White", either:biggrin::biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yep

The Le Roi Elegant click uses the same tubes as the Le Roi Elegant...but they are about .05 shorter than a standard Sierra.....

I guess everybody is having fun with this one.....

Smokey7385

Andy I think you confused me even more:confused::eek:

Alright the tubes for the clicker Sierra is longer than the regular Sierra tubes, can I still put a regular Sierra tube on the clicker kit?

HOWS THAT FOR MORE CONFUSION.....

Toni, not sure if you are making up tubes for a pen you are making or some pc tubes that you are selling. If these are for selling you could get some bulk tubes (I'm guessing you already have some) and make them up at the longer size with instructions to trim them down to the size of the tubes that come with the pen kit. That way you don't need to make a gazillion differnt sizes for all the gazillion Sierra kits out there.

KenV

Ernie at Beartooth Woods has a table.

New button click 2.364 for all models

Old Elegent 1.893

Old regular click 2.423

Twist still at 2.211

BSea

Then there is always the option of modifying the little extender for the click pen, and making it whatever size you want. I think the old regular click was too long, and if you didn't use the extender, then it was too short. But it's really soft metal, and you can grind it to whatever length that you like. I think using the regular sierra tube (if there is such a thing) looks right.

gwilki

Not to add to your confusion, Toni, but the original Sierra Click came with an extender to push into the end of the Parker style refill. Without the extender, it took the longer uniball. I throw out all the extenders and sand the tube down to 1.89". With that length, the clicker works perfectly with Parker style refills. Also, at 1.89", it is SHORTER than the twist Sierra tube. So, I can use either the click tube or the twist tube, since I can grind them both to 1.89".

Top Bottom