Talk about dumb or just getting old and slow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dale

I was at the local wood company. OP Hardwoods here in Springfield, MO. Found a pencil kit and thought looks good so I bought it.
Now since im a newby i later figured out my problem

first of all it was a Hut pencil.
It was 8mm
So it took different bushings.
Had to make another trip to Springfield to get the bushings.
Now I was set.
Well

Cut my blanks they are drilled ready. Glue in one tube. Next tube picked it up applied glue stick it in. Most of the way.. Got about 1/4 inch from it going in all the way and it is stuck.

So now I have to make another trip to springfield to get some 8mm tubes.

Well its all fun.

dale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chriselle

I was at the local wood company. OP Hardwoods here in Springfield, MO. Found a pencil kit and thought looks good so I bought it.
Now since im a newby i later figured out my problem

first of all it was a Hut pencil.
It was 8mm
So it took different bushings.
Had to make another trip to Springfield to get the bushings.
Now I was set.
Well

Cut my blanks they are drilled ready. Glue in one tube. Next tube picked it up applied glue stick it in. Most of the way.. Got about 1/4 inch from it going in all the way and it is stuck.

So now I have to make another trip to springfield to get some 8mm tubes.

Well its all fun.

dale

And that's what it's all about.

babyblues

Don't you keep a BFH near your worktable???

(Big Fat Hammer---its a family site)

Oh yes, I have a hammer. It's not big or fat, but I more than make up for that when I do end up using it. :biggrin: I try to make it difficult to get at so maybe I won't feel the need to use it by the time I get my hands on it, lol.

dale

I did try or dry fit it first. I knew it was kind of tight but when the tube was about 3/4 of the way in that was it.
I did hit it maybe not hard enough though. thought I might tear up the tube, but it isnt very good where its at is it.

Cant remember who said it but I think I willcut the end off and stick it in the other end.
Atleast its one I can keep for myself.
dale

thanks for all the information

nava1uni

I have cut off the tube and glued it into the other end. One you do that roll up a piece of sand paper and gently sand inside the tube, then use a small brass burush to make sure that all of the edges are flush so that you can press fit the parts easily

Top Bottom