SWAT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

SWAT is the acronym for South West Association of Turners. Our symposium is the last weekend in August and is held in Waco, TX. We will have around 900-1000 paid attendees along with a very large trade show and instant gallery. I have attended and/or demonstrated at several regional symposia and I can honestly say this is the best of the bunch. So, this year we are having a demo room just for pen turning demonstrations: 10 of them if I counted correctly. Those demonstrating will be:
Zac Higgins and Zac will be casting lots of stuff into pen blanks: Dunkin' Junk he calls it.
Toni Ransfield will be demonstrating her famous polymer clay blanks. Her topic is Polymer Clay from Start to Finish.
John Schlobohm's topic is Pens from Different Materials Tips and Tricks.
Don Ward will demonstrate Closed End Pens.

I will be in charge of the Hands-On Penturning again this year. Come by and turn a pen or just to visit. Hope to see several IAP members there.

I don't always get to attend woodturning symposia but when I do I want to see pen turning demonstrations.

www.swaturners.org

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

SWAT is the event of the year for me. The best deal and great demonstrators. If you are registered you even get a free lunch every day!!

Alamo Penturners Chapter will be sponsoring the Penturning Demonstrating room (Bosque Theater) and we are excited to have the demonstrators Don mentioned and, also Alan Zenreich who will be talking about the methods and values of Remote Demonstrations.

We are especially encouraged that the SWAT Administsration is supporting the Penturners in the Woodturning World. This resulted from more penturners attending and encouragement of folks like Curtis Seebeck and Don Ward.

Don does a great job of encouraging new penturners in his Hands on Booth. If you come to SWAT and want to have some fun come by Don's booth and share your penturning talents. Don always welcomes those who like to mentor. I'm looking forward to his Demo, as always!

Hope to see folks from all over IAP at SWAT next month. Also, bring your checkbooks, (even if you have to sneak it out of the house:biggrin:) as they expect 53 different vendors this year.

http://www.swaturners.org/

Gordon

Last edited:
Top Bottom