Suppliers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jasonmac73

I have been ordering all my supplies from PSI since they seem to have the greatest selection. I've looked at Woodcraft and Rockler but both seem to not have a great selection.

Is there a place that competes well with PSI for variety? What does everyone else use for their pens? I'm trying to find other sources for pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dthayer

I can confirm -- ExoticBlanks is awesome! I get probably 75% of my stuff from them. I only go elsewhere when they don't have something/are out of stock or I'm looking for bulk lumber (or when someone else is having a killer sale :) ). Plus (at least for me on the west coast) delivery from PSI can take a while. I always get things I order from Ed within a few days. Ed is fantastic!!

If you like inlay kits, LazerLinez has a super spring sale each year where all of the kits are almost half the price of anywhere else! Unfortunately it has already happened for this year.

Last edited:

BillyBoy63

Other Suppliers

I've got supplies from WoodTurningz.com BearToothWoods.com also
BereaHardWoods.com had good luck with all of them only one little thing
WoodTurningz shipping can get a little expensive and if you pick and choose you can save a little $$ here and there other then that they have served me great will continue to shop at all of them
BillyBoy63

Gwatson50

I generally buy wood blanks from folks on the IAP... they are normally reliably better quality then the larger commercial vendors. There are also a handful of vendors for which particular styles are available, like Signature Pen Supply, pen Kit Mall, wood pen pro for a few. Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

JP1337

Exotic Blanks offers over 800 pen kits, several thousand handmade blanks and acrylic blanks. Also some wood-working on adding there (many from PSI).

Exotic Blanks is awesome. If I lived in the US I would order from there all the time. So much amazing stuff, with a really well laid out website, great photos so you can see what you are getting, and customer service that is second to none!

Unfortunately for me I live in Australia and the shipping combined with exchange rate is murder. If ever I travel to the US, I might just have to stock up!

Top Bottom