Which super glue can be used?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Neededwill

Just wondering if just any brand super glue can be used for a CA finish. Example is the loc tite brand sold in Walmart or target?

Never mind, found the answer, do not reply to this thread!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

They can be used - but the issue is cost. You can buyCA from specialty woodworking suppliers that is far less expensive.

There are actually at least three different viscosities to choose from -
Most people use THIN for finishing

jbswearingen

Yes, any type will work. How much are you willing to spend? exoticblanks.com sells it for a really good price. I buy their 8oz bottles to refill my 2oz "users".

I prefer medium viscosity for finishing--easier to apply and less likely to run or get thrown from the spinning blank.

Jim Burr

Banned
Any brand works well. They way I've been taught, I use thin for my finish, but there are as many was to do a CA finish as there are fish in the sea!

nava1uni

There are several vendors on IAP who sell CA and it comes in many viscosities. From thin like water to Gel. They all react differently and can be used in pen turning for many different purposes, as well as, a finish. Check out the library.

I use bsi-inc brand CA. I have never had a problem with it. My local craft store has 2oz bottles at $7.50-8.00.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Sent from my Galaxy player using Forum Runner

JD Combs Sr

I use both thin(first coat) and thick(2nd-10th) for my fen finish. I have used several different brands but have settled on "EZ Bond" as originally sold by Mannie at Wooden Wonders but has since been taken over by Exotic Blanks due to Mannie's retirement. As a matter of fact I was just getting ready to order some more and is how I found out about the move.

I use both thin(first coat) and thick(2nd-10th) for my fen finish. I have used several different brands but have settled on "EZ Bond" as originally sold by Mannie at Wooden Wonders but has since been taken over by Exotic Blanks due to Mannie's retirement. As a matter of fact I was just getting ready to order some more and is how I found out about the move.

that would explain my dead link!!

Thanks...just did my first order with Exotic Blanks, beyond a great selection their prices were great.

Sean

edstreet

There are a good number of different types out there and just be careful which one you pick, never know when/where the crazy is lurking.

305767_4806809130021_115655677_n.jpg

Top Bottom