Super Cutters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozz

Checking to see if anyone has experience using supercut blank cutters found on the PSI website:

20061227215357_supercut.gif

They come in four diameters 1/2 through 3/4. I would like some input either pro or con about this product. Is this worth purchasing?

Thanks,
Bozz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

It uses a tremendous amount of wood. Unless the wood is a cheap or free one and there is plenty of it, I wouldn't recommend it. Most woods I use are exotic/rare, so I can't see turning most of them into chips.

vick

I have never known anyone that has actually owned them or at least admitted to owning them. My take is the right tool to make something square round is the lathe. It seems to me it would be a lot more work to drill with these then it would be to round the blank on the lathe.

Dario

I don't see a good reason to buy it. There are other better alternatives. It is just another exotic tool that you might use once or twice IMHO.

gerryr

I agree with Bill. I wouldn't even let one of those in the same house with my Cocobolo or Amboyna Burl. Your money would be better spent on a PHD vise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom