Suitable pen kit for laser engraving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kaydubya

Can anyone suggest a ballpoint pen kit which ticks the following boxes:
(1) must be either a twist pen which twists above the clip, or a click pen;
(2) preferably single barrel;
(3) at least one and a half inches between the lower end of the clip and the nib end of the barrel for laser engraving.
Okay, here's why. I want to engrave a name between the clip and the nib end, the engraving to remain in line with the clip whether the nib is extended or retracted. Single barrel is preferable (but not essential) because of the large number I need to make.

magpens

The Longwood clicker meets your criteria, sometimes called simply long clicker. The design of that pen kit is not that appealing, though, IMO, because the click action is a bit rough and a bit noisy in the kits I got. You can find it, among other places, at penblanks.ca

I have made these pens with a diameter of 0.56", and the distance clip end to the nib end of the barrel is 2.45"; lots of engraving room

Exoticblanks.com also sells that kit in a nice black titanium version for about $9.25 ; also a chrome version for $8.20.

Timberbits has it too. They call it the Executive clicker http://www.timberbits.com/executive-clicker-pen-kits.html .... several platings

Please let me know what you think of it.

The Vertex click pen from PSI might also work.

Last edited:

kaydubya

Thank you, Curly and Magpens! Yes, I had looked at Timberbits Executive Clicker and thought it might be suitable. Now I think I'll order a few and do a trial run.:)

Top Bottom