Suggestions on what to use.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

airrat

I have someone wanting some pens done in the colors of the Mexico and Venezuela flag. Trying to decide what material might come the closest in color. Also, I need to use the same material for both. These are going to be gifts for his best man and groom's man. He did say that if a color can be used on both pens that would be fine. So long as they are close to the needed color. Here are a couple pictures of the flags. Any suggestions would be great. I have a couple in mind but want to see what others would choose.

Edited: I am having difficulty with the white. Not really sure what to do on that.
2007131215152_Flag%20of%20Mexico.jpg

2007131215213_Flag%20of%20Venezuela.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Does it have to be wood? If not, talk to some of the PR casters (I'd offer to do it, but it's too cold here) about either custom-pouring the colors, or printing the flags and gluing them to the upper/lower barrel of a pen and then casting that in clear PR. Most of those colors also look to be "standard" colors; you might try the solid color PVC if you don't want to go the PR route.

reed43

I have made a few mexico flag pens and used maple for the white and worked very well. I used red curly popular and quilted maple green.I had my local engraver, engrave the eagle and snake in the maple, turned out nice. Reed

pssherman

Here are the web page links showing the available colors for some solid surface materials.

Hi-Macs acrylic solid surface
http://www.lghi-macs.com/colors_selection.html

Corian
http://www.coriansamples.com/prostores/servlet/StoreFront?product=corian&chipname=Aqua

Avonite
http://www.avonitesurfaces.com/products/color.asp

They all provide small sample pieces at low or no cost.

You can also contact Alice (elody21) to see what she has.

Paul in AR

airrat

Was trying to avoid the corian due to glue up and chance of seeing joints. I also don't have yellow, solid blue or solid green. The blue and green I have a are speckled.

I looked on AS and can find the colors except yellow and white in the stabilized woods. Not sure if using Holly would be to much of a contrast.

I did this customer a pen for his mother for Christmas and had it engraved by Kallenshaan. Now he wants cigar pens for his wedding party.

20072114553_web%20pens%20050.jpg

wudnhed

Osage orange for the yellow and bloodwood for red. I just got an order of Dymondwood and it would be great for your colors also. I would think any white wood will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom