Suggestions/recommendations for click pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

khansen

I've had a number of requests for click pens, but I have to admit that I'm nervous because I have read so many comments about problems with malfunctions, quality, etc.

I'm not asking about what sells well - I want to know what performs well. Do any of you USE a click pen regularly?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Balasharc

I have use a Clicker or Long click from CSUSA for a year now only trick I have had to learn or problem was making sure the spring is in correctly. I use it daily in a factory I have droped it from 20ft up,and beat it up. And it still work great.

gimpy

I use the Gatsby clickers, just make sure you are very precise on the length of the tube......I learned the hard way, thinking oh it's only off by a smiggin......wrong.......measure the blank and don't go by the length of the tube, sometimes they are short

crabcreekind

csusa long click. use it everyday. drop it all the time. works perfect
but make sure the spring is on the right way, like he said.

cwolfs69

i personally love the cigar click pen from penn stat. the smoothest operation of any i have tried. my wife and i both use them daily and have had no problems with them. sold plenty and have had no complaints from customers.

jzerger

I've made a few Compson click (PSI) pens. My wife uses hers daily and loves it. It's relatively new so only 4 months so far. Anyone else made these? Don't like the look of the long-click...sorry.

JoeOCNJ

I've made quite a few of the .30 cal bullet clicks from PSI and think I had one problem (my own fault) with the clicker not working right. I have tried Vertex clicks and Gatsby clicks from them as well, I think I may have put something in wrong with the Gatsby but other than my own mistakes I haven't had any problems with PSI click kits. I just ordered some of their slimline pro clicks, reviews seemed good so i got the starter kit.

corian king

My wife and I use a 8mm click that we get from my supplier.I have also sold alot of these kits without any problems.They are very similar to the slimline pro gel click that PSI sells.Good Luck!!!

rich gubbin

I,ve used a vertex for a few month without a problem, and no bad reports from customers about them. Also tried a few of the cheaper bullet pens, wouldn,t bother if they worked to start with they would fail quite quickly.

JamesB

I made a couple of Slimline Pro clicks and haven't heard of any issues. Bullet click pens from PSI are OK but the clicker got jammed up on the upper spring and wouldn't go back up, I took the spring out of that one. Now I tell the people that buy them that it might happen and let them know how to fix it. Vertex's have good reviews but I've managed to jam the clicker down on that 2-3 times too and I've only been using it about 3 weeks.
As someone else said make sure the blank is exactly the right size. I figured a smidgen off was ok on a bullet click pen and the nib barely extended past the tip after assembly. I don't know how to take those apart without wrecking it, so I modified it, but can't sell it now.

seamus7227

csusa long click. use it everyday. drop it all the time. works perfect
but make sure the spring is on the right way, like he said.

..and i thought i was the only one that drops my pens:rolleyes:. My long clicker is right at a year old now and still going! I highly recommend that pen style if you are looking for quality in the mechanism. You could also make you own kitless, but there is a start up cost to go that route.

carpblaster

I have tried some and the long Clicker is best, i dropped my vertex and the top push in broke off so its always outside now, glad i only bought a few, the long clicker is long but great strength i have found

Brooks803

Keith, you JUST missed a great live demo on making a custom/kitless click pen in columbia this past Sat. There's a tutorial in the library that goes over the same thing covered at the demo (Just happens that both demo and tutorial were done by the same person).

The click mech used is by far the best you can get. ALL metal so it won't break with a silky smooth click function, oh and VERY quiet!

Here's a couple I've done:

100_4005700x519.jpg

100_4051700x441.jpg

I'm not too far away if you ever want to get together and turn something.

Tage

I've had good luck with the Gatsby click. No problems with the click mechanism except on one my wife dropped on a tile floor & landed on the clicker.

I've made the Compson and the Slimline Pro click. I really liked the looks of the Compson but could only get the clicker right on about 7 out of 10 of each.

I plan on trying the long click from CSUSA as I have heard good things about it.

JamesB

Keith, you JUST missed a great live demo on making a custom/kitless click pen in columbia this past Sat. There's a tutorial in the library that goes over the same thing covered at the demo (Just happens that both demo and tutorial were done by the same person).
I'm not too far way if you ever want to get together and turn something.
I have got to make the journey to Columbia for one of the meetings!

Top Bottom