Suggestions Please - Presentation of Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

I have the great pleasure of making a pen for my Son-in-Law, who just completed his PhD from Cambridge University (in Molecular Neuroscience). I'd appreciate some suggestions.

He wants a fountain pen, and I was thinking of an Imperial (?). In solid black (material suggestion?).

I want to have his name engraved and filled in gold (on the cap?). "W.M. Henne PhD". In a nice script font (suggestion?).

I would also like to put the pen in a box, that is well fitted (suggestion?). I'd like to be able to have his name, and the title of his thesis on the box... "Structure of the F-BAR domain and its role as a membrane sculpting module in FCHo2"

I'm trying to improve my creatativity....and appreciate your suggestions in advance!

And yes this is also a gloat!

Tom

rcflyer23

Personally I think the Imperial or the Emperor would be great. I have an emperor on the bench that I am doing for a friend of the family it is amazing.

I would suggest going to http://www.kallenshaanwoods.com he can do all your engraving for you and can provide a box with the engraving.

Hope that helps

GoodTurns

Ken will do a fantastic job, and can engrave pictures as well, i.e. if the thesis contains molecular structures diagrams, he could put a pic on the box (or even the pen), or put the University logo.

Get in touch with Lou (DCBluesman, Heritance) and put a good nib on it!

Top Bottom