Suggestions please :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

I own a craftsman midi lathe 1/2 hp. It is very heavy and I'm having trouble finding a good table, not too high, to place it on. So, I thought I would purchase a lathe stand. Can anyone suggest one that will fit my lathe. The Model number is 217520. I believe it's the same lathe as the Rikon lathe.

Thank you in advance for your help

Michelle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

awood6971

re-purpose

Michelle,

I don't know how much room you have for a stand, however, it comes to mind that an older, legged entertainment stand or buffet would work for your lathe stand. It would be stable and have storage compartments for your tools and such. I would visit yard sales and flea markets to see what you could find. Hope that helps.

Allan

stonepecker

Go to the 'search' button and click on it.
move down to the bottom section and type in 'lathe stand' and then click on 'forum only'. Then click GO.
The computer will bring up a listing of different topics for you to look at. The 5th one down says "Building a lathe stand" and talks about the IAP. That is the discussion you want to look at.

Good luck.

Dan Masshardt

Would you mind sending me a photo of your stand? Michelle

Mines just made with 2x4s screwed together with 2 pieces a bit bigger on top. Miter saw (chop saw) was only saw used. I added a couple more braces since picture.

If you are looking to buy something, maybe take a look at the harbor freight wooden workbench or similar.

Whatever you buy or make, make sure that the lathe height is comfortable for you. Generally elbow height is a good place to start.

longbeard

Michelle, click on the search button at the top, then type in "lathe stands", should give you what your looking for. Id post the link, but im using my phone.

I type too slow using my phone

Harry

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Michelle, a bathroom base cabinet works pretty well for me. I got a top at Home Depot for $17.00 You can use it for storage in the bottom.

Top Bottom