Suggestions for Breakaway Lanyard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

I have recently started making lanyards and it has been suggested that the Lanyard be a breakaway lanyard. Does anyone know of sources for this hardware? I'm just trying to figure this out and wondered what others are doing to make the lanyard idea a safe one. I would like to figure it out relatively soon since I was planning on making a small bunch of these. Thanks for any input. You can see what I have made up to this point in the "Show Off Pens" sections under Zen Lanyard.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MartinPens

Hmmmm. I get it now - the magnetic breakaway would be behind the neck. That's a nice touch. I wonder if the magnets can handle the weight of the pen. I'll give them a try. The next difficulty is making the connection of the lanyard rope to the breakaway part look attractive enough. I may need to find a different/ thinner lanyard material. It may just be time to go with an attractive chain of some sort. Ahhh.... the evolution of creativity - gotta love it! Thanks a ton for the links. I have a trip to Michael's coming up and need to plan it well to make the best use of my 40% off one item purchase.

Martin

ghostrider

Martin,

While I've quite a bit of experience in this area, I just don't tie them as much anymore. If you like the magnetic ones then fine, but here is an alternative.

http://www.lighthound.com/Lanyard-Break-Away-Connector_p_737.html

I've made hundreds (at least) of fobs and lanyards over the last five years. I don't know everything, but do have some experience. If you have any questions just ask.

ETA:

I used a couple of these, and they have been in daily use for one and two years now. Both parties are satisfied.

Last edited:

boxerman

Here place to get some different Lanyards Martin. You could put on your pens don't know if they the break aways. knifekits.com

MartinPens

What a great link! I ordered a few supplies from this place and will give them a try. Very reasonable pricing. I greatly appreciate the link. I know who to PM if I have any questions about Lanyards. Thanks much!

Martin

MartinPens

Last post was in reference to Ghostrider.

And thank you Boxerman. I will give that site a glance when I can.

Martin

Geppetto

I used to have a break-away lanyard that had the two ends held together with a small section of velcro. I think the magnets would be more classy but probably more expensive also.

Last edited:
Top Bottom