Suggestions for bottle stopper blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I want to get a bunch of bottle stopper blanks, and prefer plastics or acrylics, not wood. For one particular thing, I need one that's larger than the typical 1.5" in diameter- need more like 1.75". I also prefer ones that come round instead of square. Anyone know a good vendor who might sell cool ones that meet these criteria? I looked under the vendor forums and didn't really see anything...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

The Penguin

I bet you could ask some of the more prolific casters to make a custom size for you.

try El Mostro for starters.

randyrls

I want to get a bunch of bottle stopper blanks, and prefer plastics or acrylics, not wood.

I got a bunch from Ed Davidson (YoYoSpin) and his friend (whose name escapes me at the moment). I still have a few left. These have a porcelain rose in the center and are made with a colored base and a clear top. The top magnifies the rose. Look AWESOME!!!:banana:

Deadhead

Although you would prefer round and plastics or acrylics, I get 2" square and 6 to 12 inches long wood blanks and cut them to 2" cubes. What's wrong with using square stock?

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Although you would prefer round and plastics or acrylics, I get 2" square and 6 to 12 inches long wood blanks and cut them to 2" cubes. What's wrong with using square stock?

That's what I do too - my local Woodshop has a nice selection of 1.5" & 2" spindle stock 12-18" long. Cutting up spindle stock into 2" stopper blanks is a whole lot cheaper than buying pre-cut stopper blanks.

Top Bottom