Suggestions about Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcraigg

Just recieved my first order from AS got my first Barons any tips on turning or assembly (PLEASE) thought it might be a good idea to ask before i ruined a kit or 2 which is what I usually do[V]

Thanks Jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Boyd

YES! Read really carefully where the black threaded part goes that has the internal threads! Many leave it out on the first one leading to a crash course on dis-assembly[xx(] DAMHIKT

Mikey

As said, take your time. I laid out the parts before I started the pen, then as I started to assemble, I sat there with the instructions and took my time. The pen came out as good as any other I have made, if not the best. (I think the bushings that I got from AS were the best ones I have used.)

jimr

One thing I learned the hard way on Barons. Make sure the bottom half is matched to the top half WHEN THE TOP IS SCREWED ON. I have to turn the bottom half around after turning and when laying out for assembly to assure this. I also have lots of problem getting the grain line to line up since the two pieces are threaded to each other and not just pressed together

mick

Ditto on the black plastic piece, make sure it's in place BEFORE you press the CB/coupler into place. Also to best line the grain up slip that same black plastic piece( it has the threads in it) into the CB and screw it onto the pen itself then hand press the cap half of the pen onto it lining up the grains. Gently unscrew it and press it fully into the cap. This is the best way I've found to line grains up on capped pens. Of course the Baron has I think four starting points on its threads so the cap can still be screwed on wrong, just make sure you point this out if selling one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom