Substitute for 7mm Drill bit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DUD

I got ready to turn my first pen, and can't find my 7mm bit. Is there a different bit in inches that will work? I have not been able to find one locally. Any Help? Thanks, Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Slimline tube = 0.267"

I bit = 0.2720"

7mm bit = 0.2756"

J bit = 0.2770"

9/32" bit = 0.2812"

Looks like the "I" bit might be the better choice if you can find one.

Note: The tube I measured was from a PSI kit. Tubes from other manufacturers may be slightly different in size??

I had never measured a slimline tube before and the results surprised me a little. Do these numbers raise any questions/thoughts with any of you guys??

alamocdc

I've had the "I" bit work a few times, but I've also found it to be a bit too small at others. I think it depends on the kit manufacturer and the wall thickness of the tubes they use, but I haven't had time to determine the correlation.

Daniel

I just had to use the I bit instead of the 7mm. seem to have lost my 7mm. the fit was real nice.. almost used the J but took just a sec to check the I. glad I did.

Randy_

Originally posted by Daniel
<br />I just had to use the I bit instead of the 7mm. seem to have lost my 7mm. the fit was real nice.. almost used the J but took just a sec to check the I. glad I did.

I'm going to start another thread shortly so we don't get too far afield here; but I wonder if we get better/stronger glue joints if we use a drill bit that gives a tighter fitting hole?? Please address any comments to the new thread. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom