Stylus replacement??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philipff

Friend ask me to replace the stylus in his pen. Caught me off guard as I had not heard that they "collapse" and become useless. Is there a way to replace the stylus in the cap end of a pen with a long lasting one that works???? Philipff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TimS124

I've removed and replaced several of the older press-in style tips. I don't press them out. I simply grab the stylus/pen body with pen disassembly pliers and use vise-grips on the old tip. First, remove the ring around the old tip then re-grip the area under where that ring was and TWIST as you pull...

The twisting helps break the friction fit and makes the old tip pull out easier.

Here's a link to the pen disassembly pliers (for anybody that's never heard of them): Locking Soft-Grip Pliers for Pen Dissembly at Penn State Industries

Sawdust1825

Those pliers are great. They only have to save you a couple times to prove their worth. I have had a couple oops they were super on and then a few times I wasn't satisfied with the fit up and elected to disassemble and put back in the lathe.

Top Bottom