Stylus repair

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dfolk

I'm trying to replace the stylus on a sierra pen. The directions say to unscrew the little ring that holds the rubber stylus. I am having trouble getting it unscrewed. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
I'm trying to replace the stylus on a sierra pen. The directions say to unscrew the little ring that holds the rubber stylus. I am having trouble getting it unscrewed. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dennis

It depend alot on a couple of things. There is a couple different companies that make these, and most of them DIDN'T screw on at first. They were press fit only. The 2nd generation of them is much better.

Where/When did you get yours from?

dfolk

I attached a pic. Not sure where I got it, I'm pretty sure I bought it within the last 4 or 5 months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 186

dfolk

It was a stylus when I bought it. I pulled the rubber stylus piece out when my wife tore it.

alphageek

Former Moderator
It was a stylus when I bought it. I pulled the rubber stylus piece out when my wife tore it.

If you pulled it out, then it likely was one of the press on models. Looks like its likely a replacement of the top part of the kit to fix it.

Removal of the blank is easy with a punch or other appropriate sized item.

dfolk

Any idea where I can get jut the clip (top part)? I don't remember where I got it and all of my favorites got deleted from my computer

Thanks
Dennis

dfolk

I missed the "part is in the mail" note from the previous thread. Thank You! High quality customer service before I even ask, impressive. As I rebuild my list of favorites you will be on the top for sure.

Thanks
Dennis

Top Bottom