Stylus/Pen combinations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I am thinking about making several stylus for friends I work with that use their I-Pads for everything. I would like to make the combination stylus/pen combination but I'm not sure which vendor/model to use. Has anyone out there used the stylus/pen combination kits and what has been your experience about the quality of the kits?

Thanks for your input.

Jim Smith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NYWoodturner

Jim - I have used the Wall Street II combo kits from Woodcraft. They work great and make a great looking pen. No complaints from customer yet, (based only on 5).
Scott

fitzman163

Middletown,PA via The Coal Region,Pittston, PA, US
Pretty nice kit

I just made 21 PSI pen/stylus and they look like a nice kit. They just got replacement rubber ends 3 for $5 and change which is nice to know.

Attachments

• PICT9699.jpg
    PICT9699.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 197

paintspill

i've done a slimline and sierra type. i like that the slimline uses a screw on stylus so you could change it if you need to but the sierra is built into it so should it break you'd be out of luck.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Roll your own

MarkD is making the nicest ones I've seen using Jr Gent 1 (maybe also Jr Gent 2) kits. He does make one part himself though...at any rate they are great looking pen/stylus instruments.

MarkD

MarkD is making the nicest ones I've seen using Jr Gent 1 (maybe also Jr Gent 2) kits. He does make one part himself though...at any rate they are great looking pen/stylus instruments.
Your making me blush Smitty! :biggrin:
I believe this is what Smitty was referring to. It's a modified Jr Gent I and has a CSUSA stylus. I make an aluminum adapter that the stylus is pressed into and is threaded to screw in where the end cap normally would go. You could do the same thing with a Jr Gent II, it just uses a different thread size/pitch. I have made quite a few of these and they have been very well received.
DSC03945.JPG

jjones

Does anyone have any direct end user experience (or end user feedback) regarding the quality of the various suppliers' stylus tips?

Is PSI the only supplier of stylus kits with user-replaceable stylus tips? Are those of you using the PSI kits using Loctite or something similar on the threads?

FYI . . . Timberbits will be carrying the Sierra w/stylus shortly. David has requested the manufacturer make the Sierra in the stylus version and expects them forthcoming. I expect these to be about half the price of the Woodcraft version (Wall Street II) as that's what the Sierra's are now. If you haven't ordered from this guy, you gotta check it out. I received my order in 3 days from Australia to Virginia Beach. Great prices!

Top Bottom