Stylus kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I have a question. simply out of curiosity.
Do people you know or your customers for those that sell stuff, like styluses (sp) or stylus pens? I am asking because I see new kits coming on the market and more pics of these, and I am currently taking a college course and and have been taking course for several years and I don't believe I have ever seen anybody at the college use one. From the amount of time that I see people use touch screen devices they must have big calluses on their finger, but never use a stylus. Now my 78 or 79 (I forget) year old mother uses a stylus, but I think she is the only one that I have personally seen using one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

It's a matter of convenience, I believe ... If they have one close at hand (already own a pen with a stylus tip and they think to pull it out and use it), then they likely will. Otherwise, using your finger is just more convenient, though it may be a little less accurate a times. :yawn:

Just remember ... people are fairly lazy animals. We'll take the easy path or easy road 99% of the time and still complain that it's too hard .... the other 1% is just us being an ornery mule-headed idjit who thinks he can stand up on his hind legs and give the world the finger. :biggrin:

That was one of the kits that we bought today at woodcraft for my wife. Where she works, they use tablets about the size of a Kindle Fire to login donors and to pull up donor information. Pretty much all of them use either a stylus or stylus/pen combo. They're about the only ones that I've seen use them regularly.

SteveG

I attend congregation meetings twice each week, have my Bible loaded into my iPad Mini, and like to take brief notes, and notations of specific scriptures. I find the stylus very useful for that purpose, writing notes using a memo app.

Bob in SF

Stylus pens for sure - very popular here in this tech-intensive environment - and I seldom get requests for other types of pens.

Best regards, Bob

MTViper

I use them, sell them, and give them away. I've just about quit making any Cigar or Sierra pens that don't have a stylus on them. I have a lot of men customers who have large hands and fat fingers and they love them. Women, in my experience, are less likely to use them than men because they have to look through their purses to find them instead of having it in their pockets.

mmayo

It was a request from customers that convinced me to offer them. I'll know better after a month ir so.

eharri446

Which type of stylus kits are you using. I have some of the Super Stylus kits from WOODTURNINGZ that I am going to be turning in the next couple of weeks. They have a flat plastic disc on the end opposite from the pen point with a screw on cap that snap on magnetically to cover the pen tip when using the stylus.

MTViper

My favorite stylus kits:

Berea: Cigar (cap end stylus), Sierra, Tetra, and Slimline
PSI: Big Ben (Cigar with nib end stylus), Knurl GT (nib end stylus), and Touch Stylus (7mm similar to Slimline).

Steve

Top Bottom