stylus help!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Ok I have done two stylus today and when I pressed the trim ring on it raised my finish. It seems it is pressing right onto the ca. This is very frustrating for two reasons, it messed up my finish and they cant be disassembled to repair. Anyone else having this issue or found a way around it? I have y gled up and ruined two already. I am about to cut them in half to get my parts. Does anyone know how to take these things apart?

Please help!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Dog

Chris I had to take apart the rubber tip end on one of mine, not an easy fix, but I was successful by using some clear plastic tubing around the parts before I grabbed it with pliers and wiggled/pulled apart. not saying it was easy, but it did the trick.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Have had no issues so have not tried to disassemble one. I do make sure there is no ca "overhang" on the edge of the tube, prior to pressing things together.

sbell111

I suspect that the issue was caused by a basic design flaw in the CSUSA stylus in that there is no positive stop to keep the trim ring from being pressed in slightly too far. When using the stylus kit with a clip it isn't a problem as the clip itself will act as the stop. Without a clip, you have to be very, very careful not to press the trim ring in ever so slightly too far.

Justturnin

I suspect that the issue was caused by a basic design flaw in the CSUSA stylus in that there is no positive stop to keep the trim ring from being pressed in slightly too far. When using the stylus kit with a clip it isn't a problem as the clip itself will act as the stop. Without a clip, you have to be very, very careful not to press the trim ring in ever so slightly too far.

I agree. I would like to see the tip screw on so it can be replaced more easily.......
I tried to be very careful and as soon as it touched it seperated. Just to thin and it cuts the wood/finish.

I just looked at penn state and I really think they got it right. They will be my future stylus purchase. The csusa's really have me frustrated. I have 4 more to try

I ordered only the stylus tips. Not the kits. Mounted them on the comfort pen kits, using the stylus to hold the clip on. Gives you a pen with stylus. Know you can buy them from pSI

Top Bottom