Stylus for Euro cap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Anyone know of a supplier for the stylus tips that will fit the top of a Euro. The ones from WoodnWhimsies and CSUSA appear to be for slims, they measure about .329" and the top of the Euro measures about .405"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Mannie:
It's easy enough to make them yourself. CSUSA sells studs and a stud mandrel for European finials. With that little mandrel, some 80 grit sandpaper, and your epoxy glue, you can make a seamless transition from the domed top right into a domed stylus.

I either make my own custom finial with matching materials.......or sometimes use the black "Mont Blanc" domed black tops that CSUSA sells individually.

That same little stud's thread pitch matches, Perfect Fit, Berea Round Top, Berea Flat Top, and almost EVERY other "screw in" clip holder that I've encountered.

When I received this little mandrel, I thought the $9-$10 price tag for this little "thing" was ridiculous ! BUT NOW, I use it so much, I make sure I have 2 or 3 of then on hand at all times.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Mannie:
It's easy enough to make them yourself. CSUSA sells studs and a stud mandrel for European finials. With that little mandrel, some 80 grit sandpaper, and your epoxy glue, you can make a seamless transition from the domed top right into a domed stylus.

I either make my own custom finial with matching materials.......or sometimes use the black "Mont Blanc" domed black tops that CSUSA sells individually.

That same little stud's thread pitch matches, Perfect Fit, Berea Round Top, Berea Flat Top, and almost EVERY other "screw in" clip holder that I've encountered.

When I received this little mandrel, I thought the $9-$10 price tag for this little "thing" was ridiculous ! BUT NOW, I use it so much, I make sure I have 2 or 3 of then on hand at all times.
banghead.gif
Never thought about modifying the existing finial.

I think that he is looking for a stylus tip not a finial.
Nope, it's the finial I need.

PenMan1

Oops! I thought you wanted a stylus that works on an Ipad or touch screen.

Cindy, that IS what he wants. Nobody (at least to my knowledge) makes one for the Euro. You can drill out the domed Euro finial and put a stylus in the dome. It just has to "connect" some way to your finger. As long as the stylus connects (the stylus stud connects to the clip) it will drive your iPad.

Next time I make some of these, I'll post photos.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I picked these up from WoodNWhimsies not realizing they were for the slim pens (that's what I get for not reading closely). I should be able to turn the finial down on the Euros I have so the Soft Touch Stylus tip will fit.

Top Bottom