Stupid hamfistedness

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Hintz

I was working on a Sierra last night, but after putting on the endcap I realized it wasn't lined up where I wanted it. Instead of using a rod through the tube, I stupidly grabbed a pair of pipewrench pliers... I figured if I wrapped it with a folded up paper towel I'd be okay. Not so much. Scratched the black paint :(

Looks like I'll be masking and painting :bulgy-eyes:

Other than that, it turned out nicely.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Hintz

It does seem that way, doesn't it, Ed.

I did it in acrylic, which reminded me how fast those can go compared to wood that I need to slather in multiple coats of CA. If it wasn't for the scrape, I would have called it a very successful pen.

RSidetrack

I feel your pain. I just finished a set of blanks for a cigar last night and went to assemble today - cracked the finish on it during assembly. I needed to pull it apart and re-finish the lower barrel. I went and used a punch set, but couldn't keep a grip on the barrel (it was in tight, probably why it cracked). Used vice grips with a paper towel around the barrel and while I still couldn't get the piece out - I ended up cracking the entire blank :rolleyes: Will have to do a whole new pen now, can't mask and paint this one :wink: Hopefully your luck will improve and hopefully you can get it to look great with some paint!

Top Bottom