Streamline american CB options?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

KP

Folks -

I've been making a few of the Berea Streamline americans lately. I like this pen a lot, but the CB is rather bland. I don't care for a huge amount of ornamentation on the metal parts of my pens, but I like a bit of it, say along the lines of the pattern on the Sedona CB.

So, does anyone have any options for jazzing up this kit's CB?

I got started on making this pen because I liked the shorter bottom, compared with the longer end tube on many other screwcap varieties; also because you can put initials into the finial, which helps make a pen special IMO. I have a few slated for holiday gifts, but I find myself wishing for a different CB. Thoughts?

Thanks -

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
IF you are referring to the Roller ball or fountain pen where you need to part down to the tube to install the CB,you need to remember the inside of the CB contains the female thread.
I have considered building outside the CB,It can be done but a little tricky.
One of these days ...

KP

That's the one, Eagle. I have rolled it around in my head for a bit, but couldn't come up with anything. I thought about trying to make a thin wood band to replace the little black and silver rings, but don't think it's practical. Anyhow, I was just wondering if brighter lights than I had come up with anything.

Ken

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
MAke it into a BIG HONKER like DC'snakewood pen.Part down to the tubeassemble the CB.Take another piece of wood and drill it to fit OVER the CB.
You would need some kind of a spacer or a pin-huck.
I have rolled this one over in my head because I bought the FP nibs for it.
Because the thread are in the metal CB the modification isn't that easy but I believe it is possible.

its_virgil

This isn't from the same kit, but I think its the same principle that Eagle is giving instruction about. Hope this helps.

2006124162444_CB%20fix.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />IF you are referring to the Roller ball or fountain pen where you need to part down to the tube to install the CB,you need to remember the inside of the CB contains the female thread.
I have considered building outside the CB,It can be done but a little tricky.
One of these days ...

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
That is exactly what I was trying to describe Don though I would normally use a contrasing wood. Personal preference.

its_virgil

I agree, contrasting wood for the CB, but this is the handle from one of the gavels I make with a pen in the handle. Like this:
181556_mesquite%20gavel%20with%20pen%20in%20handle.jpg

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />That is exactly what I was trying to describe Don though I would normally use a contrasing wood. Personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom