Stratus TBC?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dick Mahany

A quick search in the bushings and tubes charts in the library shows that the lower barrel bushings from an 8mm Round Top Euro from BearTooth Woods are within .004". You could see if anyone has some of those. Woodcraft also has several kits where the lower bushings are very close.

Last edited:

JohnGreco

Thank you! I'll look into them. I was trying to access that library article and kept getting a blank page with a null/null url :(

Dan Masshardt

A quick search in the bushings and tubes charts in the library shows that the lower barrel bushings from an 8mm Round Top Euro from BearTooth Woods are within .004". You could see if anyone has some of those. Woodcraft also has several kits where the lower bushings are very close.

I've not seen tbc bushings for that kit either.

John - Johnnycnc will prob make them for you.

TonyL

I spent at least an hour today Googling TBC bushings. I found many interesting sites, but not many sources. Tagging along.

TonyL

My BIL's, brothers are small part machinists. I am going to see if they will make some bushings for the popular kits (especially the 7mm). It's good to know I checked them all out. Thank you.

Dan Masshardt

My BIL's, brothers are small part machinists. I am going to see if they will make some bushings for the popular kits (especially the 7mm). It's good to know I checked them all out. Thank you.

There is def room for more. There are individuals making them for themselves and friends.

But generally not commercially available.

walshjp17

Neither was I when I first tried it. Take some shop scraps, turn them round, drill them out to the diameter of spare tubes (left over from when you messed up a kit or two:wink:), glue in the tubes and practice away.

You can reuse the tubes -- assuming they are still in good shape -- by just turning down the practice wood and then rinse and repeat.

ossaguy

I use my Long clicker TBC bushings from John on all the 3/8'' tubed pens.Gets me close so I don't go too far,then go bushingless for the final sizing.

This works great for me.

Steve

TonyL

Thanks for the advice. I contacted several machinist (family and friends) and see if the can/will make them for me.

Top Bottom