Stratus Pen Disassemby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

djyanan

I need some help here - I have a stratus kit from PSI where the tube got damaged while i was assembling it (don't ask how, it was late, and I was tired :redface:). I don't want to trash the pen, but i need to get it apart adn i'm concerned about breaking the click mechanism if i use the punches. Has anyone here had to take either one of these pens or a Vertex click apart? any advice would be appreciated.

thanks.

Dennis

dtswebb

Dennis,

I had to take a Vertex apart recently. Same as you, I was real worried about breaking the click mechanism. I used a transfer punch that fit as tight as possible inside the tube without binding. A few taps with a hammer and the click mechanism came out. The plastic didn't have a mark on it. I may have been lucky, but the thinking was to have the punch resting as much as possible on the plastic and supporting the plastic.

djyanan

I think you got lucky - i tried to take them apart over the weekend, and the plastic part that extends in was broken in the process. i don't think they'll be reusable. :frown: Will just have to order replacements from PSI.

Top Bottom