Stratus Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenlholley

Has anyone had any luck removing a clicker mechanism from an assembled stratus pen? A customer of mine dropped his pen and the plunger broke off with the threaded portion inside. He is bringing the pieces and I will try to glue them. Hopefully he won't drop it again. Looking for a plan B if the glue doesn't work.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

79spitfire

The click mechanism is similar to the one in the 'new' style Sierra click pens. I have had luck retrofitting the Sierras to the Schmidt click mechanism Richard Greenwald sells. I made a new button, but I'm sure you could do something with a short piece of rod or machine screw.

magpens

Just to clarify something for me ....
I have a Vertex click pen in my hand.
The metal push-button unscrews from a threaded plastic plunger.
The plastic plunger is hollow.

I assume it is this plastic plunger which got broken.

I think, in answer to KeithByrd's thread, Ted mentioned unscrewing something with the tip of his pocket knife blade.

I think he was unscrewing the broken-off end of the plastic plunger from inside the metal push-button. Am I right ?

Or was he suggesting that the other end of the plunger (inside the pen) can be unscrewed also ?

[The reason I ask, is that I would like to find a way to remove the whole clicker mechanism from the pen, be it a Stratus or a Vertex Click.]

Top Bottom