Stratus click problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I made two of the stratus click pens. My problem is that the mechanism is unreliable. Sometimes it clicks consistently, other times not at all.

Something I may have done wrong?

Anybody have problems with these? PSI says its the same as the vertex click pen.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

I have had this happen with a couple of different click pens. Even though everything looks fine, it just doesn't click consistently. I found that if I cleaned the nib hole just slightly the mechanisms worked fine. I can't remember which drill bit i used off the top of my head, but I just insert it in the hole and spin it with my fingers.
I believe it is cleaning out very minor burrs or extra plating that is in the hole. Whatever it is, they work fine afterwards.

Dan Masshardt

I have had this happen with a couple of different click pens. Even though everything looks fine, it just doesn't click consistently. I found that if I cleaned the nib hole just slightly the mechanisms worked fine. I can't remember which drill bit i used off the top of my head, but I just insert it in the hole and spin it with my fingers.
I believe it is cleaning out very minor burrs or extra plating that is in the hole. Whatever it is, they work fine afterwards.

Thanks very much. I'll give it a try.

It's odd because sometimes its fine, sometimes it won't engage.

I love this wonderfully smooth mechanism (the same one that's found on the Vertex). But like all click mechs, you have to be careful to not damage it during installation. That means follow the instrs and don't thread the click cap on untill you have pressed the mech into the tube. Also, you have to be careful that the top portion of the mech doesn't stick up high while you are pressing it in. That could happen if you mill too much off the tube.

Top Bottom