Stratus Click Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken ledger

I have just finished turning the blanks for the Stratus Click pens and come to assemble them.
They went together all ok but the click mechanism does not work. The only thing i can see is that the refill is not free in the nylon tube that is pressed into the clip. This come pre-installed so i have no control of that, it cannot be eased out with a reamer as there are guides in there.

Has anyone come across this before and is there a fix for it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ken ledger

Just finished one today and the pen works fine.
Is the mechanism stuck solid Ken?

The refill is free with no drag, if i depress the click button the refill is free to rotate.
I can see what makes the refill rotate, i looked at a very good video on youtube on this. It shows as you depress the click button everything goes down and the refill rotates a little. This in turn will leave the nib exposed for use. What makes the refill rotate though.

In all the pictures i have seen of the stratus click pens some show the button low in the pen, some show it high in the pen. Now this is because either top spring has been fitted or not. I have tried both ways and made no difference.

Also in the instructions there is no mention at all of the top spring at. My kits came with 2 springs, one smaller in diameter (for the nib end) and one larger for the (for the clicker end). There are also two small white nylon components, one for the pen click mechanism and one i presume for when the kit can be converted to a pencil.

Am i right?

Last edited:

bokkie

Ken..the two nylon components fits into each other. The one got some thread on it and need to slide into the other one with the threat pointing towards the click buttom.
First slide these two components into the pen then the thin spring unto the refill. The refill then goes into the pen pushing the nylon componts against the back of the pen. You might need to giggle it a bit to slide in the the nylon fitting.
The thread portion now is visible at the back of the pen. Place the larger spring over the threaded portion and screw the click button on. This should work.
Sorry for my english as it is my second language.
Hope you come right.

ken ledger

Ken..the two nylon components fits into each other. The one got some thread on it and need to slide into the other one with the threat pointing towards the click buttom.
First slide these two components into the pen then the thin spring unto the refill. The refill then goes into the pen pushing the nylon componts against the back of the pen. You might need to giggle it a bit to slide in the the nylon fitting.
The thread portion now is visible at the back of the pen. Place the larger spring over the threaded portion and screw the click button on. This should work.
Sorry for my english as it is my second language.
Hope you come right.

Hi Bokkie mate.
I sussed that out about 10mins before i read your post lol. The instructions i have are very vague on the clicker mechanism. I kept reading how people all say they work well and they have made loads, led me to believe the fault lay in me......and it did :)

Your english is better than mine and i live in here, i can manage to ask for a beer in a couple of languages but thats all.

Top Bottom